Coronavirus Prayer Guide
Hope is willing to leave unanswered questions unanswered and unknown futures unknown. Hope makes you see God's guiding hand not only in the gentle and pleasant moments but also in the shadows of disappointment and darkness."
The temporary closure of all AABC campus ministries and activities comes at a time where we have unanswered questions and unknown futures regarding the coronavirus and how long our lives will be disrupted. However, it is crucial that we see God's guiding hand through it all. We urge you to join us in fasting and praying for God to work in and through us, His Church, so that we are the hands and feet of Jesus toward our neighbors and one another. Use this time of disruption well—to intercede, to repent, to confess sins and to pray on behalf of our country and the world that the pandemic will stop soon and that God will be glorified "in the gentle and pleasant moments but also in the shadows of disappointment and darkness."
May the Lord have mercy upon us and keep us safe. May we love well during this critical time by finding opportunities to love and serve our neighbors and one another.
Below is a prayer guide for each day during this period when we may not be able to physically gather together on the AABC campus, but we are the Church in every ecosystem He places us:
- 3/14 (Saturday): Pray for authorities in our country to take wise, scientific and proper control measures to prevent the coronavirus from spreading.
- 3/15 (Sunday): Pray for medical and scientific researchers in the U.S. and across the globe to be inspired by the grace of God so that the research and development of medicines can be quickly developed and deployed on the front lines of prevention and cure.
- 3/16 (Monday): Pray for the related departments in the U.S. government to be wise and capable in pandemic control and prevention, to provide sufficiently for local people’s needs and to manifest reverence for life, thereby minimizing the loss of lives in our nation due to the coronavirus.
- 3/17 (Tuesday): Pray for sufficient supplies of medical and protective equipment in the hospitals; pray that God strengthens the medical staff physically and mentally and protects them from the virus; pray for their health and peace for their families.
- 3/18 (Wednesday): Pray for all the staff who are working day and night on the frontline of the fight against the pandemic; pray that God strengthens them physically and mentally and gives them healthy bodies and peaceful hearts.
- 3/19 (Thursday): Pray for the repentance of churches around the world for all their sins that displeases God; pray for the oneness among churches; pray that we stand stronger and firmer during this critical time and that we desire to seek God more! Pray for Christians to preach the gospel with more spiritual fervor, leading people to believe in the Lord, and to be a glorious testimony of the Lord.
- 3/20 (Friday): Pray for all the quarantined patients and their families; pray for all patients suspected or confirmed to have the coronavirus infection yet are still being quarantined in their homes, as well as for their families; pray for all patients who need to go to hospitals due to various illnesses, as well as for their families.
- 3/21 (Saturday): Pray that in the face of the pandemic, churches and citizens in the U.S. support each other emotionally, financially and spiritually through prayer. May there be love, affection and spirit between one another and may all live out these virtues.
- 3/22 (Sunday): Pray for the physical, emotional and spiritual health of the members of all churches and their families. May God give the shepherds of churches wisdom, power and strategy to know how to lead their churches at such a difficult time.